Post by Jianhong Lu

梦想在远方

——记我的盲人学生Alana M. Leonhardy

Alana在春晚上朗诵诗歌

2014年春季开学前几天,我接到了一封特殊的电子邮件。发信人是爱达荷大学的一名本科生,叫Alana。她在信中说,她是盲人,但是很想学习汉语,能否注册孔子学院开设的汉语课。她的请求让我有点为难,教书这么多年,还是头一次碰到这样特殊的学生。经过与学校残疾学生管理办公室和系主管领导的具体协商,我收下了这个学生。

上课第一天,我见到了Alana。她身材娇小,声音甜美,人也长得漂亮,是她妈妈陪着她一起来的。从那一天起,妈妈每天接送她上下课,从不缺席、也不迟到,风雨无阻。她上课非常认真,发音准确,对学过的内容掌握熟练,也能应用自如,很快就成为班里的佼佼者。这让其他学生对她的学习态度肃然起敬。

经过一年零两个月的学习,她在听力和汉语口语表达上有很大进步。2015年爱达荷大学羊年春节联欢晚会上,她的一首配乐诗朗诵《梦想在远方》以其流利的语言、充沛的情感感动了在场观众,成为整场晚会的亮点。为了准备这个节目,我和她在课余排练了多次。因为她无法阅读,我把朗诵内容先录好音,让她反复听记,再一遍遍带她朗读,感受其中诗的节奏和韵律。她没有学过汉语的盲文,所以就利用字母代替声韵母、数字代替声调创造了“自己的文字”来加以辅助练习。以下是她在2015年春节晚会上的中英文朗诵稿,与大家共赏。

大家好! 我叫Alana M. Leonhardy,中文名字叫李莲娜。我是大学四年级学生,我的专业是心理学。

Good evening friends. I am Alana M. Leonhardy. I have a Chinese name: Li Lianna. I am a senior student of psychology of University of Idaho.

2014年1月,我报名参加爱达荷大学孔子学院的汉语课程,到现在已经学了一年汉语,我很喜欢学汉语。可能你们会问,你觉得汉语难不难?你为什么要学汉语?

I like studying Chinese language. I registered for the Chinese course offered by the University of Idaho Confucius Institute in January 2014 and have now been studying it for more than a year. You might want to ask: Is Chinese difficult? And, why would I want to learn Chinese?

我想说,汉语难,也不难。因为我不用学写汉字。我学过法语,我的听力不错。听说汉语很难,所以我想试一试,我想挑战一下自己。Well, it is difficult. And it is not because I don’t need to learn to read and write Chinese characters. I’ve learned French, and I know I am good at listening. I heard that Chinese is very difficult and so I wanted to try it as a challenge to myself.

你们可能还会问,你学汉语有用吗?你将来有什么打算?

You might also want to ask: Is Chinese useful to you? What do you plan to do in the future?

我觉得,中国现在发展得很快,现在世界上很多人都在学汉语。不学汉语你就OUT了。我想去中国旅行,感受真实的中国。我还有个梦想,就是我想以后我能用汉语当翻译,到中国去帮助那些和我一样眼睛看不见的孩子,让他们了解世界,实现自己的梦想。

As far as I know, China is a fast developing country and many people in the world are learning Chinese. And learning Chinese now is even something fashionable and cool. I want to go traveling in China to feel what is real about China. I have a dream. I want to be a translator and go to China to help those kids who can’t see the world, like me. I want to help them know more about the world and make their dreams come true.

下面我为大家朗诵一首诗歌,叫做《梦想在远方》,希望你们喜欢。

Now I would like to read you a poem in Chinese: My Dream is Faraway.

蓝天有多高

How high is the sky?

河水有多长

How long is the river?

我曾静静地想

I have quietly been wondering,

也曾深深的向往

And yeaning.

花谢花又开

Flowers withering and blooming,

云散云又来

Clouds coming and going,

只感叹时间

Like time,

走得太快

Flying, never waiting

远方啊

The land in my dream

你那博大的胸怀

Broad and alive,

是否在等着我轻轻的来

Are you waiting for me to gently arrive?

千里之外

You are far, far away,

我不会嫌远

But I am not afraid.

只是路途坎坷

Although I would meet obstacles,

我总是摔

And often stumble,

不要着急啊

Do not worry,

请耐心等待

Please be patient.

等到桃花朵朵开

When peach flowers blossom,

我会给你个意外

I will surprise you.

2015年6月,她还报名参加了孔院组织的暑期“中国文化之旅”夏令营。在北京和广州参观和学习的日子里,她走进了故宫,登上了长城,也深入中国家庭,真实的触摸中国,用心去感受博大精深又充满活力的中国文化。

我希望,她会怀揣着这美好的梦想,一步步前行,到达理想的彼岸!

注: 本文作者吕剑虹为美国爱达荷大学孔子学院汉语教师。诗歌《梦想在远方》来源于网络,作者不详。

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s